Keto and disater pants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keto and disater pants

I have been keto for about 8 months now and I have been bouncing around from solid good stools to consistent diarrhea. Just about everyday I have forceful diarrhea daily (very loose like water). I don't seem to have a non digestion issue as the only thing that passes straight through is things like lettuce and bell peppers. I also tend to have a very short digestion time, about 6-20 hours and whatever I ate will be processed. I was at first attributing this to poor fats, I was having fat head pizza with common store mozzarella, and had floating stools.

About 6 weeks ago I took a 1 week break from keto and saw this issue sprout up. I associated it with carbs and went back to dedicated keto but the issue persists. I tend to eat 3-5 tbsp of butter(grass fed) daily with my meals (bacon cheeseburger mix, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, hot dogs, coffee) to up my fat intake.

Any ideas of what to try and look for to find solutions? I prefer not to use my doctor as I have a High Deductible plan and I don't have the income to support doctor visits (i'm one of those sees the dr once every 3-5 years person as well).

I find keto helps me with energy, mental sharpness, and weight management as well as cancer prevention so I won't be talked out of keto as a baseline. This issue isn't much of a problem for me as I have had diarrhea complications all my life so I adjust easily, I'm just here looking for self tests and online material to help me self diagnosis.

Thanks!

I don't have the answer, but I do have info that will likely help you. I have been keto for about 5 years. I have to keep this short because I have no time, so... Fiber... namely psyillium husk. It goes down like apple sauce, tastes like cardboard and it's the most beautiful substance known to a keto(r).

You will have numerous people saying, "We don't need a lot of fiber because we don't fill our bodies with garbage anyway", however, fiber fixes both this problem and constipation due to keto diet. The key is consistency.

Beyond that, especially for weight management, a high protein, moderate fat, low carb meal with a nice helping of psyllium husk fills me right up, is muscle-protein sparing and keeps me burning body fat and keeps everything moving on the toilet... but not too fast. It's beautiful for me after a life-long weight issue. HTH

Comment

Originally posted by drewgarrod View Post
      I have been keto for about 8 months now and I have been bouncing around from solid good stools to consistent diarrhea. Just about everyday I have forceful diarrhea daily (very loose like water). I don't seem to have a non digestion issue as the only thing that passes straight through is things like lettuce and bell peppers. I also tend to have a very short digestion time, about 6-20 hours and whatever I ate will be processed. I was at first attributing this to poor fats, I was having fat head pizza with common store mozzarella, and had floating stools.

About 6 weeks ago I took a 1 week break from keto and saw this issue sprout up. I associated it with carbs and went back to dedicated keto but the issue persists. I tend to eat 3-5 tbsp of butter(grass fed) daily with my meals (bacon cheeseburger mix, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, hot dogs, coffee) to up my fat intake.

Any ideas of what to try and look for to find solutions? I prefer not to use my doctor as I have a High Deductible plan and I don't have the income to support doctor visits (i'm one of those sees the dr once every 3-5 years person as well).

I find keto helps me with energy, mental sharpness, and weight management as well as cancer prevention so I won't be talked out of keto as a baseline. This issue isn't much of a problem for me as I have had diarrhea complications all my life so I adjust easily, I'm just here looking for self tests and online material to help me self diagnosis.

Thanks!
      Thanks for the information that you share with us....
      Ketone OS supplement has a lot of unique health benefits. the only pure Therapeutic Ketone Supplement on the market today provided by KetoMovement.

Comment

Working...
      X